- GS1 Korea held the 25th GS1 Healthcare conference
- 'SHOWCASE' service was launched.
- 'Onestop Barcode Manager(OBM)' system was launched.
- GS1 DataBar for use on fresh foods was introduced.
- 'BARo SCAN' service was launched.
- 2009: 'Unsafe Product Screening System(UPSS)' was launched.
- 2007: The 2007 GS1 General Assembly was hosted by GS1 Korea.
- 2005: The number of companies registering EAN-13 code surpassed above 20,000.
- 2004: EPCglobal Korea was formed.
- 2003: Global Trade Identification Number(GTIN, GDAS) was recognized as Korean Standard.
- 2001: e-catalogue(KorEANnet) was launched.
- 1999: The number of companies registering EAN-13 code surpassed above 10,000.
- 1995: POS data service system was established.
- 1994: GS1-128(formerly EAN-128) bar code was introduced.
- 1988: KAN codes were confirmed and EAN-13 was registered.
- 1988: EAN membership(country number 880) was admitted.
- 1988: The Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry applies for EAN membership.